"May I express my profound sorrow about the passing of Albert Ellis. Al was a giant in the world of psychology and humanism. I had known him for over 40 years, and I worked with him on many projects of significance to humankind. The void that is left will be impossible to fill. I trust that his many friends and colleagues will strive mightily to keep alive his name and all that he stood for." ~ Paul Kurtz
"Albert Ellis lived according to what I now see as a core value, or guiding principle: Freedom and liberty. He dedicated his life to help people free themselves from their inner tyrannies and unhealthy restrictions. On the path of freedom, Albert Ellis' footsteps can be found." ~ Bill Knaus, Ed.D
Albert Ellis (September 27, 1913 – July 24, 2007) was an American psychologist who in 1955 developed Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy."
"Because of his forthright espousal of a nontheistic humanism, Albert Ellis was recognized in 1971 as Humanist of the Year by the American Humanist Association. Ellis most recently described himself as a probabilistic atheist, meaning that while he acknowledged that it is impossible to be certain that there is no god, he believed that the likelihood that a god exists is so small that it was not worth his [or anyone else's] attention."
Secularism -- Will It Survive?
by Albert Ellis
"Will secularism survive? Yes, because it is a humanistic philosophy that promotes reason, realism, logic, discourse, and morality, all of which favor humans and other animals and their environment. It simultaneously opposes fanaticism, dogma, damnation, and rigid thinking, feeling, and believing. Along with rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT), it shows people how to unconditionally accept their limitations as people and accept life."




























































No comments:
Post a Comment